ACGA's 15th Annual Conference, the “Asian Business Dialogue on Corporate Governance 2015”, will take place at the Grant Hyatt Kuala Lumpur over November 3-4, 2015. This is our first annual conference in Malaysia.
Theme: “CG Rising in Southeast Asia: Building Bridges between Stakeholders”. Please see our updated programme for a description of topics, speakers and detailed timings.
Timing: The conference begins on the morning of Tuesday, November 3, 2015 and concludes with lunch on Wednesday, November 4. A range of ancillary events are being organised for ACGA members both before and after the conference.
See below for links to our online registration forms and hotel accommodation information.
We would like to express our appreciation to the following companies for generously sponsoring the conference:
- Principal Sponsors: Aberdeen Asset Management Asia; CLSA
- Gala Dinner Sponsor: China Universal Asset Management
- Luncheon Sponsor: Capital Group
- Workshop Sponsors: BlackPeak, Corston-Smith Asset Management
- Supporting Organisation: The Iclif Leadership and Governance Centre
Opening Keynote Speaker:
- Datuk Ranjit Singh, Chairman, Securities Commission, Malaysia
- Asia Overview
- The ACGA Debate: “Is market quality a drag on company governance?”
- The Chairmen’s Dialogue: How to be an Effective Chairman
- Asian Board Dynamics: What’s New on the Agenda?
- The Dysfunctional Board
- Investor Stewardship in Asia: A Progress Report
- The Rules of Engagement
- Sustainable Palm Oil—The Governance Dimension
- Asian Family Firms: A Superior Governance Model?
- The Regulator's Roundtable: Hot Topics in Asean
Confirmed speakers include (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Mak Yuen Teen, Associate Professor of Accounting, National University of Singapore Business School
- Mr. David Smith, Head of Corporate Governance, Aberdeen Asset Management Asia, Singapore
- Mrs. Pru Bennett, Director - Head of Asia Pacific Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock, Hong Kong
- Mr. Jenn-Hui Tan, Director of Corporate Finance, Fidelity Worldwide Investment, Singapore
- Ms. Melissa Brown, Managing Director, Daobridge Capital, Hong Kong; Specialist Consultant, ACGA
- Mr. Yoshikazu Maeda, Head of Responsible Investment, Governance for Owners Japan, Tokyo
- Mr. Benjamin McCarron, Managing Director, Asia Research and Engagement, Singapore; Specialist Consultant, ACGA
- Ms. Louise Davidson, Chief Executive, Australian Council of Superannuation Investors, Melbourne
- Ms. Rikke Netterstrom, Managing Director, Helikonia, Kuala Lumpur
- Ms. Yoo-Kyung Park, Director, Sustainability & Governance Asia, APG Asset Management Asia, Hong Kong
- Ms. Lya Rahman, General Manager, Corporate Services, Minority Shareholder Watchdog Group, Kuala Lumpur
- Mr. Douglas Henck, Chairman ACGA; Chairman and CEO, Aegon Asia, Hong Kong
- Tan Sri Amirsham, Chairman, Bursa Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Mr. Yuelin Yang, Managing Director, Asset Management, IMC Industrial, Singapore
- Mr. Michael Octoman, Partner, Navis Capital Partners, Kuala Lumpur
- Mr. Bernard Fung, Director and Head of Family Office Services and Philanthropy Advisory, Asia Pacific, Credit Suisse, Singapore
- Mr. Jamie Allen, Secretary General, ACGA
- Mr. Rapee Sucharitkul, Secretary-General, Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand
- Mr. Tan Boon Gin, Chief Regulatory Officer, SGX, Singapore
We are offering online registration this year for the first time, with an option to pay immediately by credit card or request an invoice and pay by bank transfer. Please select the appropriate form:
- Single Delegate (Payment by Credit Card)
- Single Delegate (Request Invoice)
Multiple Delegate Registration:
Companies registering more than one delegate may enjoy a 20% discount on each delegate. Please select the appropriate form:
- Multiple Delegates - 20% Discount (Payment by Credit Card)
- Multiple Delegates - 20% Discount (Request Invoice)
*While we would encourage you to register online, if you encounter difficulties we will send you our flyer and you may register by fax. Please contact our Office ManagerVanessa Chan for more information.
We have a special arrangement with the Grant Hyatt Kuala Lumpur for delegate rooms. If you would like to take advantage of this, please use the following booking form.
Please note that the deadline for this special deal is Monday, October 19, and rooms are subject to availability.